Riesling AF

Riesling AF

Vendor
Rosewood Estates
Regular price
$30.00
Sale price
$30.00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 

Rosewood’s Arrested Fermentation Riesling, with just the right amount of residual sugar. Off dry, on point. 

Varietal(s): Riesling

Country: Canada

Region: Niagara

Appellation: Twenty Mile Bench VQA

Nose: Green apple, ripe pear, some hints of lanolin and a bit of matchsticky reduction, light petrol

Palate: Medium bodied, with bracing acid, balanced fruit and sugar. Lots of orchard fruit, snappy green apple, grapefruit and citrus

Winemaking Notes: 60% of wine had fermentation stopped early to leave a hint of residual sugar: the other 40% fermented to full dryness. Aged 11 months on fine lees in stainless steel, filtered but unfined. 16g/L

Producer Notes: Rosewood is a 2nd generation winery and a 3rd generation meadery, located along the Beamsville bench with vineyards on the Twenty Mile Bench. They farm sustainably, using minimal intervention, with indigenous yeasts and minimal sulphur

Area Notes: Twenty Mile Bench is a double bench with underlying limestone soils, stepping down from the Niagara Escarpment towards Lake Ontario. High elevation leads to good sun exposure and a long, moderate growing season

*Any order containing only alcohol will automatically include the purchase of a snack item